The Weird History of Artificial Grass Artificial grass has come a long way in the…
The installation of artificial grass may appear to be a challenging task, but if you have the correct information and know-how, it can be a breeze! In this article, we are going to talk about 7 recommendations that will help you out throughout the installation of your artificial grass. You will be able to save time and money by following these suggestions, and you will also be able to ensure that your artificial grass will continue to look wonderful for many years to come!
1. Preparing the ground for installation: Before installing your artificial grass, it is important that you properly prepare the ground by removing any existing vegetation, rocks, and debris. You should also level out the area to ensure that your artificial turf has an even surface to lay on. Additionally, it is recommended to add a layer of weed barrier fabric and a layer of crushed rock or gravel before you begin installing your artificial grass.
2. Choose the right type of artificial grass: There is a wide variety of options available to pick from when it comes to artificial grass; however, it is imperative that you select the type that is compatible with both your financial plan and your requirements. You may personalize the appearance of your outdoor space by complementing it with artificial grass, which is available in a wide variety of thicknesses, colors, and styles to choose from.
3. Measure twice, cut once: A common mistake made during artificial grass installation is not measuring correctly. It is essential that you measure twice and cut once when working with artificial grass because if pieces are cut too small or too large then it won’t fit correctly in the space. To avoid this issue entirely, be sure to use a ruler or measuring tape for accuracy when taking measurements for your project.
4. Properly install seaming tape: Seaming tape is used to assist keep together two separate pieces of artificial grass, and it is recommended that it be used before the turf itself is laid down. When you are applying the tape, you need to make sure that you overlap both sides of it by at least two inches so that it will hold together properly and provide a transition that is smooth between the different sections of turf.
5. Use infill material: Infill material helps weigh down the turf while also providing cushioning support underneath it which will help maintain its structure over time. Infill material also helps keep dirt particles from accumulating on top of the grass which could lead to staining or fading over time due to UV exposure from sunlight and rainwater runoff from storms or heavy rainfalls. Be sure to use high quality infill material such as silica sand or rubber crumb for best results with longer lasting effects!
6. Install an edging system: Edging systems help keep your lawn looking neat by providing an edge where the lawn meets other landscaping materials such as paver stones or mulch beds around outdoor living spaces like patios or decks. Installing a border around your lawn can also help prevent weeds from creeping into your lawn area as well as provide additional definition for garden beds!
7. Clean up afterward: Once all other steps have been completed during installation, be sure to clean up any excess infill material as well as sweep away any remaining debris around the perimeter with a brush broom or leaf blower before enjoying your newly installed artificial grass!
Now that you know the seven quick tips about artificial grass installation, you’re one step closer to having a beautiful lawn. Proper preparation, choosing the right materials and taking your time to install will ensure that your artificial turf lasts for years. Did we mention that you should also clean up afterward? It’s important to remove all debris from the area so that your new lawn can thrive. Thanks for reading and good luck with your installation!
Do You Need an Artificial Grass Installer You Can Trust?
To make your house a home you and your family can truly enjoy, you need to make it a comfortable and safe place. Although interior decorating is undoubtedly important, you deserve a fantastic backyard or the best-looking front yard in your neighborhood. Rather than tackle this daunting task alone, hire NC Marble and Stone Pavers to ensure your satisfaction for years to come. NC Marble and Stone Pavers has been family owned and operated since 1995, with a continued dedication to delivering the best customer service and product every time to our customers. We continue to install each artificial grass project professionally while creating memories for years. Your vision will always be our passion. For your peace of mind, we offer a 27-year warranty on paver installation, a 10-year warranty on synthetic lawns or pergolas, and a LIFETIME warranty on paver stones. We don’t just install beautiful hardscapes, we make memories for years to come! Contact us today for your free consultation!